May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Recap

I hope everyone enjoyed their day off yesterday. I am so very thankful for all the service men and women who have fought and died for our freedom.  Both my grandfather's both served in WWII and my baby cousin (who just graduated from West Point) will soon be on duty. I am thankful all who served and are serving, for their strength and courage (John 15:13). 

Roy 

Max

Stephen had the day off from work yesterday - and we literally stayed in bed until about 11am watching episodes of FRIENDS. My hubs is a fanatic and honestly, I haven't seen majority of the episodes, so we borrowed the DVD's from his parents and have been making our way through the seasons. It was a great morning just hanging out and doing absolutely nothing.


Finally, we got up and cleaned a bit and started to get ready for our bible study cookout at our home. We normally have our bible study on Monday nights, so we decided to have our lesson and extend it for dinner too. 

We had a blast - everyone brought a dish, we grilled out and had a wonderful time together.

Monica, me and Kristina

My friend Polly's clean eating banana pudding



post signature

1 comment:

  1. I hate that so many people think of Memorial Day as a three-day weekend and forget the reason behind it.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips