April 24, 2013

Tired eyes? Make simple changes to help....

I was driving home one day when I realized for the first time in a VERY long time, my eyes weren't worn out. Strange to think about, but I blinked a couple of times, realizing my eyes weren't straining or dried out. 

I have worn contacts and glasses since the ripe old age of 7. I am basically blind as a bat. I could slap my face with my own hand and not even see it. I can't see worth anything. I feel I must apologize to my future children - you most likely will get my awful eyesight. Bummer. I blame your grandparents. Ha.

But these things - contacts and glasses - are supposed to help my eyes be less tired, right? 
Well, to a certain point, yes. 
I was having issues for sometime with eye strain - but then, no more.



Where did this change come from? 
 Then it hit me - I haven't been starring at a computer screen for 9+ hours a day anymore. I used to work in a dim lit office, with no natural light and looking all day at 2 monitors. 

I'm no eye doctor, but all the new changes in my life have helped my eyes tremendously!
I spend a lot more time outside. I noticed I blink more outside than when I looked at a computer screen. This allows my tear duct glands to refresh my eye balls and not drying out like they used to.

Natural light makes me squint less and focus more easily than the harsh overhead lights that were in my office. 

My eyes blur less because I am changing up my scenery - I look at a lot of different things now than just 5 spreadsheets before. 

If you are having any issues with tired or dry eyes, my suggestion would be to get up from your desk and walk outside for a couple of minutes - get your blinks going.

Look away from your monitor and blink several times getting your eye "juice" flowing. 

Also, take some eye drops if you cant get away - this stuff really helps.

Take care of your eyes, y'all. We only have two. :)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I also recommend that everyone find a good eye doc and go for yearly checkups, even if their vision is pristine. There's so much more to eye health than just being 20/20. I have severe dry eyes (it's genetic, actually), so I can no longer wear contacts. :) Glad you found something to help your eyes out!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips