April 9, 2013

Short break

Hi all my dear blog friends. Over the past couple of months, my grandfathers health has been declining. Last week, he suffered a Stroke that caused him to be unresponsive for a couple of days. At that time, hospice was called and he was given hours or days to live.

I took a quick trip down to my parents to see him. His mind is there, but the rest of him isn't functioning. He was able to crack a smile when I told him it was me, he squeezed my hand tight and smiled some when I told him stories of when I was little and remembering times at his and my grandmothers house. Seeing him meant the world to me and I am thankful for those minutes I got to be with him. Each day with him is a miracle and I will always cherish my time with him.

My grandfather is my only living grandparent left and I am blessed to say that I knew 3 of my grandparents. I was blessed 19 years with my MawMaw, 20 years with my Oma, and am currently at 26 years with my Poppy. My moms dad died of cancer when she was 7 years old.

I feel extremely lucky to have had these ladies and man in my life.

This week, I honor my grandfather and thank The Lord everyday for him. I pray his suffering is short, and that when it is time for him to depart this world, The Lord will call him to himself.

I am going to take the next couple of days off from blogging to spend the time I normally devote to it in prayer.

I pray that his life's testimony will bless others and that he exuded Christ's love.

I love you all and am praying for you as we'll.




7 comments:

  1. I know all the horrible/wonderful feelings running through you right now.

    I am thinking about you and sending you the BIGGEST hugs and prayers.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. I experienced this same thing in October. I pray that the Lord puts his arms around you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you girl! You, your grandfather and family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you're going through this! I lost my grandfather while we were actually on the way to visit him and my nanny. I'll be praying for you sweet friend and I respect your decision to take a break from blogging to spend praying for you and your family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of this difficult time. I am definitely keeping y'all in my prayers. I pray that his suffering is eased. Praying for y'all!
    with gentle huggs,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips