April 18, 2013

I'm addicted to Movies (but only the good ones)

I am completely addicted to movies. I love them. LOVE THEM. Especially since I have been bed ridden because of my bacterial infection.

 But here is the catch - I love to watch the same movies over and over again. Yea, I don't mind new movies, but I really like ones I have seen and watch at least a couple dozen times over the years. 

My husband thinks my habit hilarious. I have trouble remembering some newer movies we watch and don't really care to see them again BUT I will be happy to sit an watch Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow for the 90th time. Maybe I do not like new ones because of the dialogue, the actors, the smell of the theatre?


I guess once I find something I really like, why try something new, eh? I feel like a little child who loves repetition. Read them the same book 3 times in a row and they are excited and happy with that story as the first time you read it to them.  

I came to discover my brother in law is exact opposite. Once he has seen a movie, he doesn't care to see it again. We had a conversation not long ago about the last time he saw E.T. which was in the movie theatre when it came out! Want to see it again Jeremy? Why, he has already seen it! :)

I do watch new movies and try out different genre's, but I always go back to a good ole classic. I think I might be the odd duck when it comes to movies. I really want to love the new movie with Matt Damon, but I just cant. Whoa is me. 

Such is life. If you ever want to discuss an old classic, like When Harry Met Sally, Beauty and the Beast, or anything good pre-2005, hit me up:)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Haha I have a tendency to be like this too - especially if I'm sick - I only want an old movie. I could watch You've Got Mail 15,000 times and never tire of it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how will you ever find new 'good ones' to add to your repitoire if you never watch new movies? Now the vast majority aren't worth adding to the 'watch all the time' club, but you can find some out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for watching again and again.
    Just hopped by - thursdayschild-fridaysthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips