Cupcakes! Valentines! What a great combination!
I bought some cute cupcake paper cups and heart inserts awhile back and wanted to use them. Great reason to bake, right?
So I thought I would make some red velvet cupcakes to go with the red theme.
Ingredients for cake:
1. 2 1/2 cups flour
2. 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3. 1 tsp baking soda
4. 1/2 tsp salt
5. 2 cups sugar
6. 4 eggs
7. 1 cup sour cream
8. 1/2 cup milk
9. 1 ounce red food color
10. 2 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for vanilla cream cheese frosting:
1. 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
2. 1/4 cup butter, softened
3. 2 tsp sour cream
4. 2 tsp vanilla extract
5. 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. . Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Frost with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
4. Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, softened, butter, sour cream and Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.