January 3, 2013

Infinity scarf no sew {DIY}

I  love a cute scarf...particularly an infinity scarf.  A scraft can dress up and add a pop of color to any outfit. I was wanting a new scarf but not looking to pay $25 for the one I saw in a local boutique. So, I went searching through my drawers and found this orange beauty from Stephen's work. 

 
First,  I cut off the bottom rim to get rid of the eding.
 
 
Then I cut across the shirt two inches in width. Because the t-shirt is made out a jersey knit, it wont ravel or fray. I then pulled on the strings of fabric wrap them together and tie with a piece of left over t-shirt. This action helps hide my awful cutting.

 
 I cut a total of 5 pieces to make the scarf. 
Finally, I chose another some black t-shirt fabric to tie the strings together for a cute embellishment. 

 
I'm pretty excited about the final product and ready to wear it out!



4 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with infinity scarves and think whoever created this style is genius! This one is so fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look how cute!
    i'm your newest follower. :)
    xoxo

    We Are The Tabbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work
    and exposure! Keep up the awesome works guys I've incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

    Here is my web page - get followers

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips