February 13, 2012

Oh the power of lists

Lists are great when you are an A type person, such as myself. I love it for packing, running errands, etc.



Today, I started my "What to cook when married so we don't eat cereal every night" list. I wanted food that I could make in the crock pot and a wide variety of foods that would be yummy in our tummies but not expand our waist lines either. So, if I go to the store, we can have the chicken we buy prepared in multiple fashions and still be delicious and not bland. I want to be able to freeze some of it and send it the next day to work for lunch. Obviously, I have a lot of expectations out of this "list".



So, I visited Kraft.com and Pinterest and of course Publix website to figure out some recipes that would work. I did find some not so healthy, but I'm okay with it. I enlisted the help of my friend Andrea to give me some ideas too. The list below is not all encompassing, but you get the idea. I have things for sides and desserts too, but honestly, typing it all out is a bit overwhelming and I just don't want to do it. Enjoy and let me know what you think would be a good starter addition to my repertoire.


Chicken:

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Chili

Chicken Parmesan

Poppy Seed Chicken

Chicken Skillet

Chicken salad

Chicken roll ups


Beef:

Hamburgers

Beef stew

Taco Soup


Pork:

Pork Tenderloin

BBQ Pork sandwich


Eggs:

Quiche

Stuffing egg bakes casserole

Breakfast for dinner (duh)


Fish:/Shrimp:

Pan seared tilapia

Chipotle orange Shrimp

Shrimp N Grits


Well, I will start trying my hand at some of these within a few weeks - 26 days and counting! The picture below is SMS with the celebration cake - we had a fun dinner of crab, steaks, veggies Saturday!


I am rather excited to begin cooking some of these. I think they will be rather tasty, agreed?


Happy Monday to you, dear reader!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips