October 17, 2011

Kisses from Katie

Katie Davis came to our church last night. If you are unframiliar with her, let me catch you up on her story. Katie grew up in Brentwood Tennessee and moved to Uganda right after graduating high school for 10 months to teach kindergarten. What she didn't know at that time, was God's plan for her was a little more than a 10 month commitment. Katie lives in Uganda raising her 13 adopted daughters, running Amizama Ministries. She has a new book out called Kisses from Katie. Please check it out and her blog as well to see all the amazing things God is doing in this world and in the lives of so many.

My heart is overwhelmed by the joy and love she has for God's people. I am so blessed to be a part of God's family and to see his works around me.

Today, as I sit at my computer, my soul longs further for Christ, for serving him and for teaching his truth. So often, (let's be honest, all the time) I am consumed with what I want for my life, what I should do, what I do to advance, what can the world do for me. My heart is consumed by the sin and ugliness of this world and the things around me (material possessions, career advancement, me-minded thoughts). God, I cry out to you, my soul thirsts for YOU. You command us to be obedient, you don't ask. I long for your will and I praise your name to the ends of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips